Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday---Chili (Homemade)

I am always on the lookout for new recipes to try. Here is one that we recently tried and liked. Do you have any favorite meals that you'd like to share your recipe for? If so, get in contact with me and we'll feature yours on here! This can help us all take the pains out of menu planning.

Wendy’s Chili

Please note: While Wendy’s may use grilled hamburger patties, I suggest that home cooks used ground meat for convenience.
2 lbs. fresh ground beef--I personally use ground Turkey
1 qt. tomato juice
1 (29 oz.) can tomato puree
1 (15 oz.) can red beans, drained
1 medium onion (1 1/2 c.), chopped
1/2 C. celery, diced
1/4 C. green pepper, diced
1/4 C. chili powder (you may want to use less, some people find this is too much--I don't I find it fine and might use more next time)
1 tsp. cumin (if you like real flavor, add more)
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. each: black pepper, oregano, sugar
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (I use the super hot kind and my husband and I still have to add hot sauce. But, it's the perfect heat for Little Man just this way)

In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain. Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot. Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
So you all know I found this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment