Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Mission of Motherhood

The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart of Eternity
Photo from Amazon.com

A while back, I came across this quote and knew I needed to read the book.
"The Fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully." -Sally Clarkson from The Mission of Motherhood.

I read that and said YES, EXACTLY that is my mission! It was at that moment that I said I am reading that book. I didn't read it at that time. I talked about it with a friend and we decided to read it together. So, we can have a discussion about it because you know when you read a good book you really want to talk about it. So, why not read it and get together to discuss it. Perfect idea, right? Well, we are finally going to get this thing started. As I thought about it, I wondered would anyone like to read along and we can discuss here on the blog once a week? If not, no big deal. But, if you want to join us. Let me know and I will make a day to post about it and open it up to comments. Thinking this will start the week of the 7th or 14th of March. Reading only one chapter a week. Anyone game?? You can get your own copy here.
Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I own this book and started reading it last summer...I'd be happy to pick it back up again and join your discussion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to have you join us! :) Even just one is enough for me to post about it weekly!

    ReplyDelete