Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Mission of Motherhood -Chapter 2

The chapter Beautiful by Design talks about being created for a purpose, that children are a blessing, and that men and women were designed to be different. AMEN to all of that!
Yes, there is a purpose for all of us and it is important for us to seek HIS purpose in our lives.

Children as such a great gift and blessing. I let Little Man know that I feel he is a blessing and I am so honored that the Lord is allowing me to raise this amazing son.
The way my husband was built and the way I was built is different. It's our differences that I think make us balance out so well.

A few points that I liked from this chapter:

"Establishing my household as a place in which greatness of God and a devotion to him is lived out each day has given me focus. Loving my children and nurturing their hearts and minds while training their characters and leading them to know the Lord and his purposes has satisfied my soul's need for purpose."

"However, the common purpose for all women is to glorify God in whatever circumstances and boundaries of life we find ourselves, trusting him to show us how we can best use our gifts for him."

"The family as a whole is called to a bigger purpose than any one of them could accomplish alone."

"How well you are following God's design is truly a matter for you and your family and the Holy Spirit to decide."

Trust in God. "For it is in finding God and submitting to him that we will find the purpose and meaning that he designed us to experience."

Think you have fallen too short of God's standards? Read 1 John 1:9. Then, thank God that you were forgiven for those sins. For we serve a redeeming God, a God of second chances. And remember that God isn't finished with us yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment