Monday, April 18, 2011

Money Saving Monday! (4/18)

Oh my! Let's see, We have stocked up on things that we knew we were getting at rock bottom prices and we can still stock up a bit more. This will save me money in the long run, but it makes this month harder. I promised for a round up at the end of the month so no challenge discussion now! Let's just say we are coffee snobs (well a bit) and we found a good deal. But, dang coffee is not cheap! I should just give it up all together. But, I try to rationalize it's one cup a day and I drink it black! Before I go on any more ranting...
Deals to know about:

Darrenkamps has some pretty good deals on a few organic veggies. There is no chicken deals that I see in the next 2 weeks. Hope you got that last $1.69 deal at Country Table to hold you over a while. If anyone sees the boneless, skinless chicken for $1.69 or less, leave a comment. Again, reduced sections help when saving money and Darrenkamps does a nice job with them! TruMoo milk is cheapest at Darrenkamps right now. I know because we are still stuck on that.

Weis:
Because you can actually do a printable shopping list from For the Momma's here is your weis link

Giant:
You will also want to check over at For the Mommas for the Giant deals as well.

I don't want to waste your time, when it can be well spent making a list as you see the deals. I am here to be a time saver for you. I'll find you the best links and post them. This way, you can count on saving time. :) We can all use a little more of that in our days!

My menu for the next 2 weeks, will consist of items from our freezer, pantry and then we will add in our fresh items. Yes, I am trying to use what we have to save money. I have great idea plans, but they are staples that we like or love and so quite boring. We are having people here Easter weekend because this Easter will be BIG at our house (more about that later), so I know our entertaining that weekend will eat away at the food funds then some. Can't wait to pull the final report together for you. I am allowing money for the entertaining. I can put the boring menu up if you all want, just let me know. No new recipes these next 2 weeks.

As far as those of you trying to Eat more organic can I point you to organic deals. It seems to list deals on organic items. Hope it is helpful.

Don't forget to check the Money Saving Page for updates on articles and tips.

Since we all love FREE....
Register Your Tree
Stop into your Local Lowes on Saturday, April 23rd for your free tree. Photo from site. See site for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment