Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mom Time- The Mission of Motherhood Chapter 6

Chapter 6- The Teaching Mother

"Before they can ever make right decisions, they need to understand what the Bible says about right and wrong."

"Jesus tells us to treat others the way we want to be treated."
You know, I had a mom moment a few weeks ago, where my child was being treated meanly by another child. We have always talked about being kind to others even when they are unkind to us. This soaked in and my child did just that--thankfully. This unkindness was moving to another level and he still did that. I was amazed at the emotional maturity that my child has exhibited during all of this. I don't feel I was as stable at his age. Not only did he treat the child kindly, he managed to quote scripture to me about why he should. Bless his heart!

"Right is always right even if no one is doing it! Wrong is always wrong even if everyone is doing it."
We often say doing what is popular isn't always right and doing what is right isn't always popular. But, how easy it is to just follow the crowd. What if you wanted to stand up for someone or something that you knew you should. But, you feared as to how you would be looked upon. Think about it next time you are faced with such a decision.

"It is only as we seek his ideals that we can best experience his fullest blessings."

.."we address Him as someone with whom we have a close, trusting, respectful relationship."

Our faith leads us through the dark times in our lives and fills us during them. In all times, it is our faith that will lead us though.

I can't wait to share Chapter 7 with all of you! It might end up being a multiple post.

No comments:

Post a Comment