Friday, March 23, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes - Vegan Style


Sorry for the bad photo, but it was quick and I wasn't going to set up a whole shoot for it--maybe next time. Think those look Vegan? I didn't think you would. So, here is the deal, some Oreo's are vegan--not healthy--but vegan. To my credit, I said this was a vegan cupcake not a healthy cupcake. Although, if you leave off the frosting and the Oreos, it could be a healthy cupcake. The regular without the Oreos and frosting are yummy and so soft!

Now, as far as the recipe is concerned, I got it from here. You see when vegan baking is concerned, I head on over to Chocolate Covered Katie. Her recipes have not failed me yet. :) I tweaked this one a bit, as I used a different soy yogurt and my nondairy milk was vanilla almond milk. I also only used 1 tbsp of corn starch--I wasn't sure why it was in there. But, instead of leaving it all out, I just reduced it.

Then, I decided to add Oreos to the batter and make some homemade frosting to top it off. Little Man and my darling husband gave these thumbs up. I have to laugh because these days I am asked: " Are they vegan or regular?" Honestly, sometimes you really can't tell....

If you make them, let me know what you think.

Happy Chocolate Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment