Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I will keep packing my kid's lunch....

Yes, I pack his lunch 99% of the time. Why?

Simple, I want to make sure he has a healthy lunch. That is, one that is healthy by our standards. On occasion, I do pack treats for him that are not healthy. In my opinion, if he eats well balanced meals and occasionally has an Oreo, it's OK. He has 1 Oreo in his lunch today. Not one package--one Oreo. GASP! The rest of his lunch consists of whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies and protein. Water to drink...so he's good.

I must say that last weeks post confirmed to me that I am making the right choice in packing his lunch almost daily. But, it also outraged me a bit.

Seriously, everyone is saying that we have an obesity problem here in America, especially in our youth. Then they OK these added fillers to our foods. I find that interesting. I don't know about you, but this does not all add up for me.

Let's make it clear, it's not only in the schools, it is also added to the beef in our stores.
See this link...More on Pink Slime
In your opinion, is this beef???
My opinion, NO.

Do I think that pink slime is the reason for the obesity. No. But, I have serious issues with it and it begs for more answers. What is really being added to the foods that we are eating? Just sit and think about that for a minute.

While you are doing this, check this out...
Food Allergies and What is added to our food....

Here is another link to the website of Robyn the speaker in this video.
Go here for more information

I'll get off my soap box, but there is a huge part of me that wants to dig deeper and now I will be looking even closer at my families diet. I'll let you in on what I learn and what steps I take for my family. I may even start another book club on this topic...if I do? Anyone in???

No comments:

Post a Comment