Friday, March 16, 2012

Little Man's 8 Year Old View on not a fan. (And what's happening on the sidebar)

Ok, so I have started links to some blogs I enjoy on the side, however, I am doing this one category at a time. I started with food and healthy eating. So, keep watching because there will be lots more added. I have a big list of them for all of you; which leaves me in a sticky situation. I am deciding between keeping the topics seperated by titles and just having the links or do I have all categories together and have the running feed of what people post? What are your thoughts??? Let me know!

Now, on to what you are here for--Little Man's view

So, I was sitting there along side him and we were discussing the study and I was making notes for what I was going to blog about next week. I had not gotten far at all, when he put a halt to my writing, because he said, I can tell you what to share to introduce this. I thought, I want to hear this (I always want to hear his thoughts). As he began to tell me, I asked him to slow down so I could get it all down. He did and I wrote everything he spoke. So now, I get to share his perspective with all of you. Out of the mouth of an 8 year old...

"Are you a follower or are you a fan? Jesus died on the cross for us. So, do you want to spend your whole life just being a fan or do you want something better? There are tons of fans out there. You need to be different from them; you need to be a follower for the sake of Jesus.

Being a follower means a whole lot. It means you’re giving your life to Jesus to do what he wants. That is what you want to do.

Becoming a follower won't make your life easier; it will make it harder because the devil will try to suck you in. He'll try to get you on his team. But, you want to be on TEAM JESUS. Not just a fan on His team, you've got to step it up a notch, you have to be a completely committed follower of Jesus. You have to live your life for Jesus. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it."

I love this kid!!!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing, intelligent, and just generally WONDERFUL kid! If only more adults in this world were a little more like him... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is quite the follower I can see! You are raising that boy right my dear!

    ReplyDelete