Thursday, March 29, 2012

Apple Chocolate Chip Muffins!

{Those of you reading via email, I posted another post yesterday and you might want to go to the blog to check that out.}

Yes, these are vegan, but I think that around here it's not noticeable anymore. There are even recipes that I will make after lent is over.I was using what I remembered in my head of recipes that I had made before and then another recipe, however, it wasn't like anything I had ever made. So, I guess this is the birth of a new recipe.
The best part is that everyone liked them!!!

2 cups flour (your choice what kind you use)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup light brown sugar (not tightly packed)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 apple pealed and diced--I'd add more next time.
Vegan chocolate chips-sprinkled in there. Less than 1/4 cup.

Bake 350 F for about 16-20 min.

This recipe is around 170 calories per muffin and it makes 12 full muffins and they are moist. But, watch as they stick to the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment