Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year - New Blog!

Welcome to the new blog! It’s great to get this started.  I will be honest; I wasn’t going to launch the blog today or even this week.  I wanted to be able to tweak things and get them the way I wanted them on the new blog before I started posting. Well, that didn’t happen. However, instead of making myself feel guilty about that, I decided that I would use that as some tutorials on the new blog. So, expect blogging topics over the next few weeks. (I’ll make a header post soon—since that was something I quickly did to make the blog more personal. Simple-but personal.)
Wondering what to expect on this blog? Expect some teaching, some leading, and hopefully some inspiration.  Topics? The guest blogger will be back, saving money tips, photography tips, digital design (ideas, tips and maybe even some digital layouts for you), food shopping tips, ideas for kids, and other mom topics. I figure when you throw in the word mom that covers a LOT of topics!
If there is a topic that you want covered, leave a comment and let me know. I’ll do my best to see that I cover it or get someone to help me cover it.
As for today’s topic, a short top 5 list on how to save at the grocery store. (Don’t worry we’ll cover this a LOT more!)
1.       Shop your freezer and pantry first.
2.       Look over the local store adds to see if there are any buy it now prices. (We will talk more about buy it now prices and what some of them are for the local area.)
3.       Plan a menu based off of 1 and 2 for the week. Some people plan 2 weeks, some a month even. But, baby steps people, start with a week.
4.       Find coupons for the items you are buying and figure where you will get your best deals and make your store(s) list.
5.       Make sure you don’t grocery shop on an empty stomach.
See you all again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that pic :)
    Way to go and get this started my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for starting... looking forward in weeks to come:)

    ReplyDelete