Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Tastes like Cottage Pudding Sauce...

Yum Cottage Pudding Sauce....well, actually it's a bit too sweet for me usually. However, if you are in the mood for something sweet. This fits the bill. The boys at my house can gobble this up no problem. It's a Grammy treat--something that Little Man always asks his Grammy to make when we visit.

I tried making it myself recently and was actually successful!!!  Like I always say, if I can make it you certainly can. :) By the way, this is to be served over warm yellow cake or cupcakes.

Here is how you make that yummy goodness...

Cottage Pudding Sauce

1 cup white granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/4lb margarine or 1 stick (I used butter--when it has this much sugar does it really matter?)
1 tsp vanilla

Oh and I doubled the recipe for lots of warm, yummy goodness.

Combine margarine, sugar, egg yokes and vanilla in bowl and beat. Set aside.
In second bowl, beat egg whites stiff. They look cool don't they?
Fold the egg whites into the first mixture. Should be looking something like this...
Then, you set the bowl into a pan of boiling water to melt. You must stir constantly, until melted. It looks something like this now...
Then you poor the warm, sweet, yummy goodness over the warm yellow cake and forget the word calorie exists! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment