Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reading and Reading

Sometimes I feel like I've read more than I've train for the Marathon thus far. OK, that's not true, it's just a slight exaggeration! I've been reading about what to eat, how to dress, what to do leading up to it, is it enough miles, too many, pace in training, not pace, the list goes on and on. Seriously, there is more planning than meets the eye to this thing. Everyday I am learning something new. It's good to learn new things and adjust along the way. Sometimes, I have to remember it all depends on the person and what will work for me may not work for someone else. But, I won't know what to do if I don't read up on it. If you all have advice, leave it. I'll read it. :)

I took a friend out with me for an easy walk and enjoyed her company greatly. She got to experience the night time critters! This time it was the smell of a skunk (we never saw one and escaped without being sprayed - thankfully!). She also got to experience how scary a sweet dog can be when you don't know that you will see them. Honestly, when it's that dark out, you just never know what is lurking around the next corner. It was so great to go out for an easy walk that was relaxing and fun. Who would of thought 6 miles could be relaxing and fun.

I am collecting some quotes to get me through the marathon. Just sayings or inspiration from people or friends. I plan to carry some with me that day, so that I can pull them out when I need them. Anyone have any they want to share? Silly, funny, serious, I'll take them all.

Here is one from my list so far and I will look forward to reading yours.
"Don't stop -- people are watching."

No comments:

Post a Comment