Friday, July 22, 2011

Cutting the Clutter

Little by little I want to cut back on what is in our house. Those of you that know me in real life, know I like to be organized. Ok, so I can be a bit obsessive about it.

But, at the same time, I have been looking at our house and the things inside of it and saying, wait let's get things a bit more simpler around here. Do we really need XYZ? Are we using it or is it just sitting there and making me dust it again. (Yes, I am not a dusting fan.) Is it meaningful or I am keeping it because I am just keeping it? I am looking at everything and wondering this. Some things have sentimental value and will be kept, others are just taking up space in my mind.

I find the more I simplify a room the better I like being in it. Clean and free of clutter. Of course, all the reorganization will NOT happen this summer. It will be on a fall to do list. But, I do plan on cleaning out some of the clutter and getting a yard sale together.

I did clean out some clutter this spring, but more has to go. It's a slow letting go of process.

Of course, every season Little Man's closets need a clean out and that will be coming up soon!

I find this in life, too. When you get down to it, sometimes simpler is better. Of course, that is just my humble opinion.

Now here is a man who is living simpler. Just living with what he needs and nothing more.
Tiny House
Anyone else doing this? Ok, not the tiny house, just the simplifying. :) But, if you are doing the tiny house, chime in too. That's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment