Friday, September 2, 2011

Fall Project and updates

OK, I have many projects on my plate, but one of the home projects is to really try and simplify our lives, house and belongings. Those of you that know me know I like to be organized. But, to me --Project Simplify-- is more than organization. It's about looking at your life and filling it with things that matter. Which means, me evaluating how much time I put into this blog and if it will be worth continuing. I have many other things on my list this fall that I know will allow me to be a difference maker so shouldn't I put more of my efforts into those instead?

Quick update on my last long training:
I started out 3 hours after I wanted to.
I was tired--really tired.
I was rained on for 3 of the first 5 miles--at least it helped to wake me up.
I was given an opportunity to have a ride home while it was raining--I passed. I know you are proud of me. :)
At about mile 4.5 I slipped and twisted my ankle. (Yes, it got sore. But, I kept going for ya know like 10 more miles. I have been paying for it and taking it easy on it since then though.)
My time wasn't what I wanted, but when your first 5 miles start out like that, it was respectable.
I could have used something for fuel at mile 10, as I had eaten 3 hours before I started on my journey.
I was also rained on later, but heck by that time I was already wet and sweaty so who cared. :)
Oh and yes, for those of you asking, I am doing a full marathon. Yep, 26.2 miles and yes all full marathons are 26.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment