Monday, September 19, 2011

Can you Go Organic without going broke?

Ok, so I got your attention. But, I have been giving a lot of thought lately to moving toward more and more organic foods. I do have some organic foods in our house. Are they all? Nope. Not even close.

Why my deep thinking about this? Perhaps it's all the reading I am doing with training and nutrition. Perhaps, it's my worry over what I am putting into our bodies and what affect that will have on us as we get older. Am I paranoid? Well, not exactly. But am I thinking more? You bet.

So, little by little changes are happening. They have been happening for a while, but I took a break from making any major changes. I will still finish things that are in our pantry. However, I am looking closer at the things I am purchasing from here on out. Of course, some of the stuff will be new to us.  But, really I was posting this hoping that someone out there that has already made the jump to 90% or more Organic can lead me to the deals.

I also want to share with all of you and a few tips that I have come across.

When Switching to Organic...

1. Buy local-Farmers Markets
2. CSA box
3. Grow your own. My pour family wouldn't eat. I DO NOT have a green thumb. :)
4. Buy in bulk
5. Ease into Organic (That's what we are doing!)
6. Find a Co-op
7. Shop sales
8. Freeze items
9. Shop online
10. Rethink your food budget

Now, please share your links and stories with all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment